Plastic Injection Molded Air Valve Base for the Agricultural Industry
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
At Gordy Plastics we provide injection molding for various parts used in a number of agricultural applications. In this instance we injection-molded a specialty irrigation component using a PP (Polypropylene) and glass fiber material.
The part, which measured 3.72” in width, 3.94” in height, weighed 6.85 oz., was derived from a 6.93 oz. shot. Injection molding took place with 220 tons of clamping force in a single cavity mold, in mold temperatures during processing that were 375°F to 525°F. Once molded, the core was unscrewed; the part was then run through a milling operation to remove the fan gate.
This project demonstrates not only our ability to provide precision injection molding, but also secondary machining operations. For more information see the table below or contact us directly.
Plastic Injection Molded Air Valve Base-Project Highlights
- Product Description
- Housing for float to rise in in irrigation lines which eliminates "air hammering" by allowing all the air to escape the lines before float rises thereby shutting valve off.
- Injection Molding Capabilities Applied/Processes
Plastic Injection Molding
Removal of Fan Gate by Milling Operation
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Product Width: 3.72"
Product Height: 3.94"
Product Weight: 6.85 oz.
- Tightest Tolerances
- + 0.000" / - 0.005"
- Material Used
- Base Material: PP (Polypropylene) & Glass Fiber
- Material Thickness: 0.400"
- Material Finish
- Mold Tech MT-11020
- Additional Facts
- Shot Size: 6.93 oz.
Maximum Clamping Force: 220 tons
Number of Cavities: 1
Temperature Range: 375°F - 525°F in processing
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual Inspection, Dimensional Inspection
- Industry for Use
- 500 per Month
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Eastern Washington
- Standards Met
- Customer Quality Specifications, CAD Drawing
Full Cavity Fill/No NIT Lines
- Product Name
- Air Valve Base
Back To Top